By Associated Press - Thursday, July 9, 2020

WADESBORO, N.C. (AP) - A 12-year-old boy was killed after being hit by gunfire during a drive-by shooting in a North Carolina town, officials said.

Wadesboro police were called to a local street just before midnight Wednesday, and when officers arrived, they found two homes had been fired upon, news outlets reported.

A news release from the city and the police department said the boy was inside one of the homes and was hit by at least one bullet. The boy was rushed to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead, authorities said.



Police said three other children and three adults were also in the home at the time of the shooting but were not hurt.

The boy’s name hadn’t been released as of Thursday.

Copyright © 2026 The Washington Times, LLC.

Please read our comment policy before commenting.