WICHITA, Kan. (AP) - A 62-year-old man has been arrested after allegedly trying to abduct a 10-year-old boy who was walking on a sidewalk in Wichita, police said Monday.
Webb Ketcherside, 62, of Wichita has been booked on suspicion of aggravated indecent solicitation of a child and attempted aggravated kidnapping, the Wichita Police Department said in a news release.
Ketcherside is accused of approaching the boy on foot at about 4:50 p.m. Sunday, making sexually explicit comments and grabbing his arm, police said. The boy, who suffered minor injuries, was able to break free and run to a QuikTrip for help.
An investigation led police to Ketcherside, a registered sex offender who was arrested without incident at his apartment. Ketcherside had previously been convicted of indecent solicitation of a child, criminal threat and theft.
The case will be presented to the Sedgwick County district attorney’s office, police said.
Please read our comment policy before commenting.